745’s Freight Run Suggested Observation Route
745′ Historical Steam Freight Run will start in Belle Chasse and end at the NOGC Yard in Gretna. The following suggested route should allow for multiple viewing locations.
* Please respect all traffic laws.
* Do not enter railroad or private property without permission.
- The trip will start near 14715 LA-23, Belle Chasse, LA
- Head northwest on LA-23 for 3.6 miles
- Turn Right onto Hwy 11 and travel north for 1.5 miles
- Turn Right onto LA-23
- Travel North on LA-23 and continue past LA 23 BBQ. The train will turn away from the highway and into the Bell Chasse Yard
- Travel North on LA-23 as the highway curves and continues to the northwest. After crossing the drawbridge, the tracks will then turn away from Belle Chasse Highway near Mel Ott Park.
- Turn Right onto Hwy 90 (West Band Expressway) and stay on the access road. The train will pass under the Westbank Expressway by Primary Veterinary Care ( 90 Westbank Expy, Gretna, LA).
- Turn Left on Stumpf Blvd.
- Turn Right on Kepler St. The Train will then pass up the last major crossing near Cafe 615 ( 615 Kepler St, Gretna, LA 70053).
- Turn Left on Monroe St.
- Turn Left on Romain St.
- Turn Right on Madison St. The train will travel North on Madison Street. This is a residential street with limited room. The trip will conclude at the Gretna yard.